Course / Majors / Credits

How long can I be an undeclared student?

Students can remain in the undeclared major until they have earned 75 hours. However, Students are encouraged to declare a major by 60 hours. Once a student completes 75 hours as undeclared, they are no longer eligible to receive federal financial aid until they declare a major. Completed hours are hours completed with a passing grade and does not include withdrawal hours. The 75 completed hours includes all transfer credit hours, CLEP academic credit and credit hours earned or awarded here at Mississippi State University.